Pacom Systems Pty Ltd is committed to and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000) and the National Privacy Principles.
We value and respect the privacy of all those we deal with - customers, business partners, investors and staff. In all markets in which we operate we are committed to ensuring personal information is handled properly by our staff and our partners in business, in accordance with local community standards. In individual countries we adopt privacy policies which comply with all local laws and standards. A brief summary on how we manage personal information is set out in this policy.
Who we collect information from and why
Generally we collect information which may in whole, or part, be personal and private from:
- Employees and Contractors - to assess their suitability for their roles, on-going development requirements and other information necessary for the conduct of their relationship with the company.
- Customers - to allow us to provide services to them. This may include information relating to their customers.
- Suppliers - to allow us to evaluate their services and conduct business relationships with them.
- Business Partners - including VAR's, to allow us to evaluate their suitability as partners and to conduct business relationships with them.
Collection of personal information
We only collect private information to the extent it is necessary and relevant to the operations of the company and the relationship it has with the person from whom the information is being collected.
We will always seek to collect personal information directly from the person concerned. If it is necessary to seek information from a third party, we will always inform the person concerned we are doing so. At or before collection, we always take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purpose or purposes of collection and the extent to which we may disclose that information. We will only collect personal information in a lawful manner and consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
Where a person refuses to provide information we think is necessary for the primary purpose of the business relationship with the individual, we will explain the consequences if all or part of the information is not provided. This may include ceasing our relationship.
We will not collect information regarded as sensitive under the Privacy Act 1988, such as information regarding your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs, unless you have expressly consented to such collection.
Use and disclosure
We will only use or disclose your private information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or where it would be reasonably expected we would use or disclose the information, or such disclosure is required by law or other circumstances consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
Quality and security
We will make every effort to ensure the personal information we collect, hold, disclose and use is complete, accurate and up to date before it is used for any purpose. We will also ensure it is secure. We destroy personal information when it is no longer needed.
All private information collected is held at Pacom Systems' head office, Unit 6, 40 Carrington Road, Castle Hill, NSW, 2154 in either hard and/or soft copy with restricted access.
Access and corrections
Consistent with the National Privacy Principles we will give access to an individual to information relating to them.
A request for access or corrections may be made in writing by mail to Privacy Officer, Pacom Systems Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 7427, Baulkham Hills, NSW, 2153
Transborder flow of personal information
As Pacom Systems have companies in a number of different countries, in certain limited circumstances we may transfer your personal information overseas. We will only do so where:
- The overseas country has effective minimum standards similar to the National Privacy Principles.
- You have consented to the transfer or requested us to do so.
- It is impracticable for us to obtain your consent, the transfer is for your benefit and you would likely give consent if we were able to contact you, or we have contracted with the recipient that they will deal with the information in a manner which is consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
Concerns or complaints
If you have a concern or complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer, Pacom Systems Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 7427, Baulkham Hills, NSW, 2153 in writing.