WHAT IS A PACOM ACCESS CONTROL AND INTRUSION CONTROLLER?
PACOM controllers are used to control, monitor and maintain intruder alarm and access control activities in your organization. Our controllers are well suited for both campus type environments and multi-site organizations that require remote management.
WHY CHOOSE A PACOM ACCESS CONTROL AND INTRUSION CONTROLLER?
All our controllers have dual capabilities, supporting both intrusion alarm and access control functions. This means that the controller’s dual functionality adds more value than the sum of two separate systems.
The controllers are modular based allowing you to expand support for the number of card readers, I/O expansion cards, alarm areas and cardholders as your system grows in size. Our controllers allow for easy remote firmware upgrade with minimal operational interference and system downtime.
The 8002 controller supports auto-discovery of peripheral devices for simplified installation. All doors can be individually configured to operate based on card only, PIN only, or card and PIN, with access schedules providing further control. Doors and alarm points can be partitioned into multiple areas of security, and can be controlled by multiple keypads. With dual-flash memory, firmware upgrades can be performed without any disruption to the system and you can scale alarm inputs and outputs using expansion modules.
- Dual Ethernet ports
- Slots for expansion card connection
- Auto-discovery of peripheral devices
- Dual-flash memory allows firmware upgrades while system active
- IP/RS485/RS232 ports
- Offline card and event transaction memory
- Supports most card readers
- Multiple alarm area and keypad support
- Up to 256 inputs/64 outputs
- Peer-to-peer connections
- Small, medium and large variants for complete flexibility
For more information, download the PACOM 8002 datasheet found at the bottom of this page.
As an access control device, the 8003 controller can support up to 2 doors, each with an IN reader and OUT reader – satisfying the needs of environments where users may want anti-passback. As an alarm device, the 8003 controller offers up to 8 configurable 5-state inputs and 8 outputs comprising 2 relays and 6 open collectors. Inputs can be expanded up to 64 and outputs can be expanded to up to 32 via the addition of on-board expansion modules and/or remote I/O devices. The 8003 controller can operate stand-alone for smaller or remote environments or can be easily incorporated as part of a fully integrated alarm and access control system for larger buildings or multi-site applications. The 8003 has also been specifically engineered so that it can be conveniently installed in any location rated for a 3U rack mount device.
- Integrated access control and intrusion detection
- On-board Ethernet
- Standard 3U rack mount size
- Support for up to 2 doors, each with an IN and OUT readers
- 500,000 user/card capacity
- 50,000 transaction storage
- Unlimited access levels
- 8 on-board supervized inputs (expandable to 64)
- 8 on-board outputs (expandable to 32)
- Embedded web server for easy programming
- Online firmware updates
For more information, download the PACOM 8003 datasheet found at the bottom of this page.